Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 00.14.47.png

Hack for Good

Hack for Good

 
Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 00.14.47.png

The Project

Hack for Good is an online hackathon co-organised by NativeScript and Angular teams to help NGOs solve real-world problems whilst providing a place for developers to learn about their technology. The first hackathon was held from the 12-14th of September 2019 with more than a hundred developers participating.

My Role

  • Visual Identity development

  • Front-End development and design for the website

  • Writing requirements for developers

 

Visual Identity

Images, Colours and Fonts

goals.png

The first step was to go through a series of exercises to rake the team’s brains. We had workshops around the questions of who Seaborg is as an organisation, what are their goals and how do they intend to get there, what is making them different to other new nuclear startups and and what are their values.

We then made an audit of their current website, involving the main stakeholders - namely the founders. We then proceeded to look at the competition. Apart from one exception, most of the competitors in the field had quite heavy, out of date websites. Even with such a low benchmark, and despite the fact that the website wasn’t going to be used for any type of conversion, it was important to aim high in the redesign.

Audience Analysis

On the subject of who would visit their website - and for whom they intended it to be, we had an audience workshop where we identified the following types: investors, potential future partners, employees and media.

Old Website

Old Website


Building the Website

IMG-7879.JPG

Tech Stack: Angular, CSS Grid, Github


Requirements writing

Wireframes for Information Architecture

Wireframes for Information Architecture

First iteration of homepage

First iteration of homepage

Based on the previous steps I put together a rough wireframe of potential sections.

I built the first iteration of the website based on the wireframe. I worked with two of Seaborg’s current employees - one of their scientists, for content creation, and their graphic designer for graphic assets. Together, we came up with a new visual identity for the site. We used WIX because we had no budget for development.

We had a couple of iterations followed by feedback from users from our intended audiences as well as current employees.

A screenshot of the final home page design

A screenshot of the final home page design